Invisalign® is a series of custom-made aligners that are created just for you. The aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, nearly invisible plastic. The aligners are worn over the teeth and gradually move them to their proper places. A new set of aligners is given every two weeks to help the patient progress in their orthodontic treatment. If you have crooked teeth or a misaligned bite, talk to Dr. Michael Jacobsen to see if you are a candidate for Invisalign in Victorville, California.
Invisalign can be used to correct a wide variety of malocclusion problems, including:
– Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth may occur because of missing teeth or because of a jawbone that is too large for your smile.
– Overbite: The upper teeth sit too far forward of the lower ones. This can be caused by genetics, poor oral habits, or overdevelopment of the upper jaw.
– Underbite: Underbite occurs when the lower teeth sit in front of the upper teeth. This can be caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jawbone, or both. Missing upper teeth can also cause an underbite.
– Open bite: In an open bite, some teeth do not make physical contact with the opposing teeth. This is caused by an abnormal jaw structure or thumb-sucking.
– Crowding: This occurs when there is not enough room in your jaw for your teeth to fit properly. Crowded teeth can get worse over time if not treated.
– Crossbite: A crossbite may occur if both the lower and upper teeth are misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to sit inside of the lower teeth. This can happen on the front and/or sides of the mouth.
We encourage you to call Jacobsen & Maleeh Orthodontics at 760-951-7752 today to learn more and to schedule a consultation with our orthodontist. We look forward to serving you and your smile!